Re: help mounting partitions in an encrypted disk after first reboot

 ---- On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:40:54 +0200 Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----
 > Hi Julio,
 >
 > the partitions do not show up on reboot as the kernel cannot
 > see them. The partition table it would need to scan is
 > in the encrypted LUKS container and as that is still
 > closed on boot, hence the kernel has no chance to look at it.
 >
 > A fix might be to just call "partprobe" after opening the
 > LUKS container. That scans all reachable devices for
 > partition tables. It also works directly after repartitioning,
 > i.e. without a reboot.
 >
 > partptobe is part of the parted package (at least on Debian).

Thanks Arno!!!!

That fixed it!!!!

I was so close to finding this :). I can see in my history that I tried with "partx" (it does the same, in theory, or something similar in the realm of my understanding) and that I did "man partprobe", probably saw it in the "see also".

I am wondering if we should add a section about this in the FAQ. Or maybe this is not frequent enough?

I volunteer myself to do the update to the FAQ if you guys want.

Julio