Re: Detached headers, multiple drives and UUIDs

---- On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 06:07:41 -0700 7heo - 7heo@xxxxxxxx<saout.boxy.d333f2b513.7heo#mail.com@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

 > Hello all,
 >
 > I have a question regarding the deported headers in LUKS, and how it can be used to simplify the setup of RAID over LUKS:
 >
 > The current way to automatically unlock all the drives used in a Raid array seems to be to add the same key to all the drives in the array.

I use detached headers for a RAID array, but I don't need to use the same key.  All that's necessary is to use the same _password_.  Then, I use "keyscript=decrypt_keyctl".  See here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cryptsetup/+bug/1022815