Detached headers, multiple drives and UUIDs

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the deported headers in LUKS, and how it can be used to simplify the setup of RAID over LUKS:

The current way to automatically unlock all the drives used in a Raid array seems to be to add the same key to all the drives in the array.

However that doesn't work with detached headers for obvious reasons. The detached headers can apparently be used on any number of devices/files at the same time, with one problem: they all have the same UUID. I tried using the --uuid flag with luksOpen without success.

Does anyone know a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Theo.