Re: TrueCrypt is discontinued - here are the alternatives

The original post referenced an autogenerated htmlpage, derived from an elderly man-page. The original post had no point, as man pages are not hypertext and don't link anywhere.

The reference (to tcrypt) is outdated, since TC is dead and should be removed. As simple as that.

Aside from that, the original post was (auto)generated as clickbait, it just does not make sense at all. No human would write such a pile of steaming bs.

Neither was TC 'shared' (claim) on the autogenerated page, nor is an autogenerated html on some arbitrary host under cryptsetup project's control (claim). Further there's no alternative to cryptsetups TC legacy mode, as claimed by the mail. It is just part of cryptsetup and limited to using the container. On top of that, the link to the blog post by some mischievous company with the intention to get known better is clickbaiting, no matter how you look at it.

And that certainly qualifies as spam.

Regards

-Sven