Re: cryptsetup with Python subprocess + pipes

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 18:33:37 CEST, Police Terror wrote:
> You obviously did not look at the example because the data is not hidden
> steganographically.

You obviously did not understand what I wrote, because
I never claimed that in this case it was. I only claimed that
at this time this is the only valid known way to do plausible
deniablility.

[...]

> About a well engineered solution: today I just found VeraCrypt which
> actually works well. I encourage people to try it. It can create hidden
> volumes.

... and that have all the problems hidden volumes come with.
They also managed to create additional problems TrueCrypt does
not have, for example a broken password "quality" assessment
that cannot be bypassed (alternatively you get a broken
password iteration, that can lead to minutes of unlock time).
My trust in the VeraCrypt developers is much, much lower than
in the original TrueCrypt developers.

Seriously. Bright-eyed "can do" attitudes have no place in
IT security. They do much more harm than good and they endanger
users.

Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx