Re: Size of LUKS header and how to overwrite

Ah, I see. Well the FAQ gives alternatives and more information on the size of the header for different keylengths and so on. But as the header+keymaterial can hardly be bigger than the offset of the encrypted payload on the backing device a dd with count=payload-offset and bs=512 indeed does the trick.

Of course you'd have to check the payload offset of that particular container and not mix any numbers etc. .

Regards

-Sven