Re: The future of disk encryption with LUKS2

Hi Sven,

if you place a copy of the header at the end, you already
need some way to know where the end is and to reserve space
at it. A resize could then be as simple as an additional
"luksUpdateHeaderCopy" afterwards (whith all other
header-changing operations doing that implicitely already).

For completeness and security (preventing an old copy
of the header from lingering), a "luksNukeHeaderCopy"
would also be required.

On the other hand, resizing a Luks container with a
filesystem in there without killing that filesystem is
already complicated enough that I usually just recomend
a backup and recreation instead of a resize.

Regards,
Arno

Arno Wagner,     Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,    Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----