Re: out of order encryption

On 08/06/2015 02:10 PM, Vasile Catalin-B50542 wrote:
> I am using a Freescale P3041DS platform with CAAM (drivers/crypto/CAAM/*) hardware accelerator.
> The platforms is a PowerPC processor.

Well, I think there is some problem with the crypto driver in kernel.

And because I see that this driver is currently in active development, I would suggest
to contact the developer and ask for an advice, see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.cryptoapi/16176

Unfortunately we do not have this hw available so I cannot provide more help here.

You can try to compile cryptsetup with --disable-kernel_crypto option - maybe it is a workaround.
(But there can be a data corruption later...)

Anyway, if it works, the I would guess there is a bug in userspace interface code.

Maybe it can help how we debugged a similar issue here
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.dm-crypt/7966/focus=13358

Milan