Re: out of order encryption

On 08/06/2015 01:32 PM, Vasile Catalin-B50542 wrote:
> I am sending crypto requests to a hardware component which has
> an option to keeping them in order or not. I was trying to use the out of
> order option because this would let requests run in parallel.
> If I tried running them with the out of order option bun then I get:
> No key available with this passphrase.
> When trying to execute the following commands:
> cryptsetup -c aes-xts-plain -y -v luksFormat /dev/sda1
> cryptsetup open /dev/sda1 test_xts1

Sigh. Please when you asking about some explicit problem, please
always mention it from the beginning...

So this is probably unrelated to dmcrypt. Userspace cryptsetup could use
kernel crypto API wrapper directly (add --debug and you will see,
there should be log message that it uses kernel crypto userspace interface).

This seems like a bug in the kernel crypto API provider, what exactly it is?
What architecture?

We have seen the same problem with Raspbery PI2 & NEON crypto driver
(it was a bug in kernel code), I guess it is the same here.

Milan