Re: Required kernel crypto interface not available

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Franz <169101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the kind and informed reply.

My kernel is 3.12.14-4. I am no developer nor kernel configurator. Just a user. It seems this means I cannot use this for the foreseeable future.

What distribution are you using?
Your kernel is modern enough and should have the required functionality build in by default,if not,you should file a bug with the distribution.The reason why things do not work probably is because you are making a mistake somewhere.

Do you know any other script to mount a crypted container (contained in a file) that may work for a simple user like me.

Well if it does not exist I'll go on using trucrypt.

Any reason why you want to do this from a script? If you want the volume at be unlocked at boot time,i believe systemd has provisions to make it possible if you are running a systemd managed system.

There is a GUI tool called zuluCrypt[1] that will allow you to mount your truecrypt volume. Info on how to install binaries in fedora is here[2]

[1] https://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/

[2] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=292320