Re: Translations for cryptsetup man pages

Hi Milan,

Am 14.03.2014 18:07, schrieb Milan Broz:
> On 03/14/2014 03:57 PM, Mario Blättermann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the user visible strings of cryptsetup are translatable for some years, the
>> translations are maintained at translationproject.org. It would be nice if we
>> could also maintain the man page translations there.
>
> Hi,
>
> ok, man page translations would be nice. But even translations of submitted strings
> pot files takes several weeks sometimes, so I am not sure if it is better
> with man pages...
It is always better than without any translations ;) Of course we need some time
to update translations, that's why you should create a pre-release tarball
PACKAGE VERSION scheduled release, that's an acceptable time frame for us. Maybe
to roll bugfix releases occasionally is also helpful, when new translations have
been arrived in the meantime.

> Anyway, I will integrate it in build and will submit man page templates next
> time.

OK, once the TP module has been created I get informed by the TP robot anyway.

> I want both po files in git and of course also in release tarball but I have already
> script to download it from translationproject.org.

That's your preference, of course. But make sure the translated man page
versions to ship with the released tarball, this makes it somewhat easier for
distribution packagers. And please screw up the threshold for acceptable
translations to 80% again (by dropping the -k switch from po4a-translate), it
would be annoying for the readers to get a fifty-fifty translated manual.

Best Regards,
Mario