Re: moving/resizing a dm-crypt partition

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 07:50:10PM +0100, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:

> As it is BTRFS, just create a second dm-crypt volume and add that to the
> existing BTRFS. As BTRFS can span several physical volumes, creating one
> big partition isn't strictly necessary.
> If you use the same password and have "luck" that your dm-crypt
> setup-script in initrd/initramsfs opens both dm-crypt devices in one
> go, there shouldn't even be any discomfort by that solution.

Hi,

This is an interesting solution, I didn't know about btrfs's spanning
capabilities.

As you point out the key is having initrd unlock both partitions and I'm
not sure how to do it. So in the end I chose the "hard" solution of
merging both partitions (with a backup), which went well.

Thanks,