Re: 1.6.2 - waiting for zero, luksFormat hung

On 11/22/2013 08:40 AM, shmick@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Milan Broz:
>> On 11/21/2013 03:55 PM, shmick@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> ive also then tried with my distro default cryptsetup 1.4.1 but the same
>>> errors again in xts mode with AES or TWOFISH
>>>
>>> any ideas ???
>>
>> Did you modified udev device-mapper rules? If not, perhaps you should report
>> it to your distro bugzilla if it doesn't work with default package.
>
> no, i didn't modify udev
> i've done some more testing and im very certain this an ascii character
> issue with cryptsetup 1.4.3

No. Why ascii characters problem?

"Waiting for zero" is situation where device mapper wait for semaphore
(used to synchronize block device creation) to reach zero, it is handled in udev rules
by generic device-mapper rules.

It has absolutely nothing to do with passwords or ciphers in cryptsetup. I am afraid
you are mixing several problems together here.
(You should get "No key available with this passphrase" error and not hang if it is
passphrase problem.)

BTW if you just need to open old container, do not compile own version and use
distro provided one (1.4 version is fully compatible here).

Anyway, adding cc to Peter who maybe know some problem in dm udev rules causing
this...

And if you cannot run even benchmark, you are still loading wrong libcryptsetup library,
(cryptsetup: relocation error: cryptsetup: symbol crypt_benchmark_kdf - this
function was added later, in cryptsetup 1.6).

Milan