Re: Truecrypt and cryptdisks_start: failing with CRYPTTAB_OPTION_tcrypt-system: bad variable name

>I don't think that's the problem: I can open the volume when I'm logged in (as a matter of fact, it's open right now) so cryptsetup >it's working; it's the boot script (cryptdisks_start) that's failing.. Can zulucrypt modify that?

No,it can not,zuluCrypt is a desktop GUI application not designed to be used from root account or as part of boot up process.

You have a truecrypt volume and you want a convenient way to unlock it.
You dont seem to have the necessary systemd support to do that and you seem uncomfortable to roll your own solution and hence i suggest zuluCrypt as an alternative convenient solution.I think it is a better alternative since with a GUI application,you will get to unlock the volume when you need access to it and then lock it when done with it.

with systemd,it will get unlocked at boot time each and everytime even when you have no need to access the encrypted volume and unlocking later on will involve going to root terminal,something that may not always be convenient.This assumes you are on a desktop system,not a headless server.

Choosing btw rolling your own solution and updating systemd components to gain support,i think rolling your solution will be a better alternative.