Re: Truecrypt and cryptdisks_start: failing with CRYPTTAB_OPTION_tcrypt-system: bad variable name

in an online version of the crypttab manpage[1] I can see the tcrypt and tcrypt-system options, and how to use them; in my manpage (cryptsetup 2:1.6.1-1 2013-06-28 CRYPTTAB(5) ) there is no such thing.

I know that this is not the 1.7.0-git manpage, but (AFAIK) the tcrypt and tcrypt-system options should be there and, nevertheless, 1.7.0-git does not work.

I don't know how to solve this. I can't reboot rigth now, so I don't know if the "workaround" I'm trying ('cat passwordfile | /usr/sbin/cryptsetup --tcrypt-system tcryptOpen /dev/sda1 truecrypt' and 'mount -a' in /etc/rc.local) works, but I'd prefer to use the 'built-in' function.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Claudio

tcrypt options to "/etc/crypttab" were added a few months ago to support systemd somewhere.

Probably the crypttab errors you are getting are due to the support not being there in debian yet.

Will appreciate if you could do me a favor,i have a project at[1] .It does support opening truecrypt system volume but i have not tested the functionality because i have no system volume to test.

If it works,you could use the project to open your truecrypt system and other encrypted volumes you may have the project support.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/