Re: few questions on truecrypt and luks

On 14.4.2013 18:56, .. ink .. wrote:
> - I want to see real users (of already formatted device) before
> investing time to any foreign format or key change operation
>

> Real users are out there and i am hearing from them and i am playing
> my part in advertising truecrypt support in cryptsetup,it helps my
> project's adoption :-)

good :)

> There is this link:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items?rd=ForbiddenItems#TrueCrypt
>
>  cryptsetup can be added to the list. I tried to write an email to
> fedora mailing list asking cryptsetup to be added to the list but my
> email was bounced back to me i think its because i was not a member
> of the list.

You need FAS account for wiki edit, fedora-devel should be free...
Whatever... I added cryptsetup link to wiki myself.

> I do not think linux users will choose truecrypt over luks if
> comparable CLI and GUI tools exist for both.

I think the major problem is compatibility with Windows. Nobody
primarily use LUKS there but there are many people formatting disk
with Truecrypt and want to access it under Linux (including myself :)

Thanks,
Milan