Re: Bad performance with software RAID5 and LUKS encryption

Hi,

Am 05.02.2013 21:45, schrieb Arno Wagner:
> thanks for the info. I think I may add a "performance"
> section to the FAQ, and this could be one of the items.
> Do you have the reference where you found the info on the
> stripe_cache_size?

Actually, I first read about the concept of a stripe cache in this btrfs
announcement post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/23006
Then I googled it and found some usages:
http://h3x.no/2011/07/09/tuning-ubuntu-mdadm-raid56

Unfortunately, I didn't find a real citable source.
The kernel documentation (Documentation/md.txt) also only contains 3
lines saying nothing about what it actually is.

Greetings, Philipp