Re: No key available for this passphrase

As soon as I received my new harddrive for the notebook (the one delivered
constantly makes fast scratching noises at idle...), i will start to write a
small script that backups the header on the disk and frequently compares this
backup to the disk/partition header. If changes are detected it will give a
warning plus the option to restore the header.
Well - thats the plan. Will see what functions will make it to the script or
will be added while writing it.

It will be only a shellscript ( need glasses - I can't C very good ;) ), but i
will post it here (maybe new thread) as soon as it is working.

just added a functionality in my tool to check if a header on a device matches a header in back up file.

A test of the functionality is below.

1. Get a header backup
[ink@mtz ~]$ zuluCrypt-cli -B -d /dev/sdc1 -f headerbackup.luks
SUCCESS: header saved successfully

2. Check if the header on the device matches the one in a header file
[ink@mtz ~]$ zuluCrypt-cli -H -d /dev/sdc1 -f headerbackup.luks
header backup match the one on the device

3. Add a key to a volume to change the header.
[ink@mtz ~]$ zuluCrypt-cli -a -d /dev/sdc1 -y xxx -l zzz
SUCCESS: key added successfully

4.Check if the header on the device matches the one in a header file
[ink@mtz ~]$ zuluCrypt-cli -H -d /dev/sdc1 -f headerbackup.luks
header backup does not match the one on the device

So far,it seem to be working as expected.

Your shell script will be much simpler if you use my tool :-)