Re: Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

I'm interested in knowing what are some of the trade offs of using the LUKS header v not using the LUKS header.Since I assume the content of the encrypted data is secure, it doesn't matter if someone knows the data is encrypted and has a header and the header only helps in recovery, so I'm not quite seeing what would be an advantage of not using LUKS, but from the email below, there seems to be some reason.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:21:36AM +0400, Stayvoid wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Let's move back to the initial questions...
>
> I'd like to use a plain version of dm-crypt because it doesn't
> store a header on a disk. (Yes, I know that LUKS is a recommended
> way, but I've already made my choice.)

That is fine. I am doing the same in some places.