Re: Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

On 23.08.2012, Arno Wagner wrote:

> So no full support yet? Pity. As some others here have pointed out,
> there are Distros with full cryptsetup integration. Gentoo seems
> to be one.

Fedora has full support since F14, incl. support of keyfiles on
USB-media via initramfs/dracut.

> On the other hand, it seems some problems Ubuntu has
> with LUKS are still not solved, so YMMV.

Opensuse has had bad support (no encrypted root, problems with
bootscripts) two years ago, I don't know where they are now.

> And on the plus side, if you ever run into a situation where
> you need to access your encrypted partition with a rescue
> system (seems to happen regularly), you know what to do from
> doing parts yourself.

Sysresccd has good and updated cryptsetup and tools.

http://www.sysresccd.org