Re: cryptsetup luksClose

Thank you.

--- January 18, 2012 Milan Broz sent: ---

  On 01/17/2012 10:31 PM, Marc Schwarzschild wrote:

  > Thank you.  I gather from this that I can safely halt or reboot
  > while a disk is mounted, right?

   From the LUKS metadata point of view yes (there will be still
  encryption key in memory but that's different problem).

   From the filesystem POV above LUKS - it depends. If it is remounted
  read-only, there should be no data loss on [un]expected reboot.
  (If you reboot while some write IOs are in-flight, of course you get
  some corruption.)

  Anyway, distro initscripts should handle this during controlled
  shutdown for all mounted devices.

  Milan