Re: dm-crypt on SSD gives regular file corruption and segfaults

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 09:56:38PM -0700, Jeff Cook wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not sure if the cause of this is the SSD or dm-crypt or what, but I
> thought I would ask here if anyone had similar problems. My SSD with
> ext4 and dm-crypt experiences significant corruptions and frequent,
> seemingly-random segfaults. Data transferred to my disk will offer
> different md5sums and sometimes large things consider themselves
> corrupted. Has anyone experience things on dm-crypt or SSD? I am just
> curious if this should be attributed to the dm-crypt software layer or
> if I need to start looking more into the hardware.
>
> From
> Jeff
> --
> Jeff Cook
> jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I am a little concerned because this is precisely my setup,
however I have never had any problems.
I have used it in two configurations:

ext4 on top of dm-crypt (LUKS) on SSD

ext4 inside lvm on top of dm-crypt (LUKS) on SSD

Both have always worked perfectly for me, over a number of months at least.
I frequently manipulate large files such as ISO images, and often use rsync
to backup the whole filesystem, without trouble.

eric