Re: openLuks failing - semaphore weird bug involved ?

If the drive has smart you could ask the drive's diagnostics
if there's any indication of trouble.

I am not familiar with SMART. It reports 4 pending sectors and nothing else wrong. I have run a "badblocks -nvs /dev/sdb3", it did not find any error... And after this, SMART still reports 4 pending sectors.

Any clue about how investigating further ?

Regards.

2011/9/8 Karl O. Pinc <kop@xxxxxxxx>
On 09/08/2011 10:46:42 AM, Ric Flomag wrote:

> What worries me is that I have no clue what happened. A damage to the
> header
> is it possible without any signs of it ?

I've not been paying attention, but have a thought.

If the drive has smart you could ask the drive's diagnostics
if there's any indication of trouble.

Regards,

Karl <kop@xxxxxxxx>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                -- Robert A. Heinlein