Re: How to activate hash module?

>> What is the hash in question?
>
> Ok, it is ripemd 320.

>> The best is paste error messages (add --debug) so it is clear what
>> is the exact problem.
>
> Code 22: Requested LUKS hash ripemd320 is not supported.

...and you will be surprised with answer :)

It is for LUKS hash, so it is userspace, no kernel related thing.
AFAIK gcrypt never supported rmd320 (only rmd160 - just checked git tree).

But because LUKS ignored -h switch in older versions (with hardcoded sha1),
it probably quetly worked until you upgraded to newer cryptsetup,
which now honors -h switch now.
(Hash switch was useful only for plain mapping for passphrase hashing.)

Easy to verify: run crypsetup luksDump and check "Hash spec".

I guess it is "sha1", if so, simply remove rmd320 hash option and
it will work again.

Milan