Re: LUKS and LVM

On 19/02/2011, Arno Wagner wrote:
Also, knowing were the encrypted
data is does not help the attacker, unless he/she can repeatedly
access the computer. In that case, all is luikely lost anyways.
Forgive my ignorance, some sources say suggest randomising the disk before creating a container so that it's not possible to determine what is data and what is garbage. So I assumed the visible LVM header would reduce some of this benefit. Is there merit to this disk randomisation or does it just sound good but do nothing, spread by misinformed people such as myself? :)

Thanks,
Eric