Re: Improving performance?

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11.11.2010, Lasse Jensen wrote:

> A core i5. They have AES support in hardware

I have an i5-450 which has not. There are different versions out there and
not all of them have hardware AES. and I for myself do not trust in such
hardware solutions either, but that's another story..

I am fully aware of that, but you have a really good point. As for trusting the hardware implementation, i don't really know enough about this to make sure there isn't a backdoor somewhere. I'm going to put my trust in Intel on this one.

--
Lasse Jensen (fafler at gmail dot com)