Re: Improving performance?

Hi Lasse,

have you done any benchmarks for kcryptd to determine the
bottleneck is your CPU? My intuition would be that for this
setup and the stated speed it is likely, but better be sure
than to optimize nthe wrong parameter.

As to options, basically a faster CPU and/or more cores
is one, the other is SSD, if the bottleneck is with the
disks. A third one is a different controller and/or
bus attachment of the controller. It is also possible
that a singel disk slows things down. HDDs can get donw
to 50% of the start-of-disk speed somehwere between the
50% coapacity mark and the end.

The second thing you need to ask you, is if you are
only interessded in linear read speed. If not, an
increase 70 -> 100 may well be insigificant in the
access mix you are using and not worth the investment.

Gr"usse,
Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----