Re: Efficacy of xts over 1TB

Arno Wagner <arno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, if the attacker mirrors your network traffic with iSCSI,
> encryption does not matter anymore for any change analysis.
> But using such a set-up wpuld be pretty stupid anayways.... ;-)

Why? Do you have better ideas how to circumvent trusting your remote
Backup Provider than encrypting everything before sending it away?

Encrypted block-devices via iSCSI, AoE, or NBD are some of the more
comfortable solutions I'm thinking about when it comes to efficient
remote multi-generation backups (using rsnapshot on top, for example).

regards
   Mario
--
Why did the tachyon cross the road?