Re: Wrong behavior?

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 12:09 +0200, Arno Wagner wrote:
> Specifically, the issue was what to do in a low-entropy environment
> (embedded system) on automatic install.
I just can point out my previous argument once again:

As the entropy is only required once (when setting up LUKS) there should
be no issue with embedded devices per se.

It's rather a problems for all kinds of automatically installed systems
and there I'd say:
- These systems usually don't use encryption anyway.
- Even I they does they'll typically require manual intervention anyway
(entering a password, providing a key file, etc.)
- And apart from that: cryptsetups main target should always be maximum
security. Therefore it would be IMO better to life (for now) with
blocking systems than using urandom.

Cheers,
Chris.