Wrong behavior?

Hi list, I just tried to issue the following command:

cryptsetup -c aes-xts-plain -s 256 -i 5000
--master-key-file /kspace/tmpmaster
luksFormat /dev/md125 /kspace/tmpkey.0

where tmpmaster and tmpkey.0 are binary files with entropy I wish to use
for (tmpmaster) master key for the volume and (tmpkey.0) passphrase/key
in key slot 0.

When I run the command, cryptsetup asks for a passphrase nevertheless,
although it is stated:

luksFormat <device> [<new key file>] - formats a LUKS device

As an alternative, I tried passing the key file for the slot via
--key-file since the manpage states this has precedence if used. No
change though.

Is this a know bug?

cryptsetup is still v1.1.2

Regards

-Sven

P.S.: Do I remember correctly, that the payload offset given by luksDump
is always in 512 bytes sectors?