Re: cryptsetup bug

Hi,

as far as I can tell, the header and keyslot look healthy.
Of course some overwritten bytes in the Key-slot would
not show, but they should not happen on the operations
you describe.

Make very sure you are inputing the correct passphrase.
Maybe the keyborad-layout subtly changed? Did this same
passphrase work before for you, i.e. do you have a clear
good-before bad-after situation?

You can send me the complete header (if you want, but not
the data part please and not the passphrase) and I can have
a look for obvious corruption. You find the information on
how to do a header backup in the FAQ:

   http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

There may also be something wring with the LVM, e.g.
overlapping partitions or the like. This could have done
arbitrary damage, but should be visible in the key-slot data.

Arno

Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx
----