Re: what happens when cryptsetup is given an incorrect passphrase?

Update: I've been experimenting with losetup and cryptsetup luks...
commands interactively (not scripted) and they all seem to work or
else fail in an understandable way. So I must have left out something
essential in my original posting (quoted below). I'm sorry about that.

I'll post again when I can pin down what sequence of commands leads to
the confusing state. I did again see the state where "luksClose
secret" says "Device secret is not active" but "losetup -d /dev/loop0"
says the device is busy.  Unfortunately on that occasion I couldn't
trace back to the commands that had preceded it. Also, at that time I
didn't think to do "luksDump /dev/loop0".  Probably more later.

--
Robert Lummis