To: "Ali Reza Sajedi" <arsajedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:46 AM
Subject: Re:  device-mapper problem

On 06/10/2010 11:31 AM, Ali Reza Sajedi wrote:
Hello All,
I have cryptsetup 1.1.2 installed. Everytime after a new boot when I try to execute a cryptsetup command I
get the following error:
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
Failaure to communicate with kernel device mapper driver.
The problem is solved after trying to load the module dm_mod with: modprobe dm_mod Inspite of loading the module this problem keeps coming with every
system booting.

The dm_mod module must be loaded before using DM devices, so probably
this is missing from initramdisk init? Depends on distro.

Milan