device-mapper problem

Hello All,

I have cryptsetup 1.1.2 installed.

Everytime after a new boot when I try to execute a cryptsetup command I get the following error:

/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
Failaure to communicate with kernel device mapper driver.

The problem is solved after trying to load the module dm_mod with:

modprobe dm_mod

Inspite of loading the module this problem keeps coming with every system booting.

Has anyone any idea what fails in this case?

Thank you for you help.

Best regards

Ali