To: <dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 2:37 PM
Subject: Re:  luksHeaderBackup

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 12:27:02AM +0200, Ali Reza Sajedi wrote:
Hello All,

I have cryptsetup 1.1.0 installed. I am trying to backup the header of a
crypted USB drive using the following command: cryptsetup luksHeaderBackup
/dev/sdb1 --header-backup-file /etc/b2g/header when I execute the command
from the shell it does the job, but, wenn I start it using http or cron
(in webmin) it doesn't I tried to execute the command in webmin by a
cron-job. What I get here is the following error:

--header-backup-file: unknown option

Could anyone see what is going wrong here, since it does work when started
at the shell but does fail when started otherwise. From which version is
this command implemented? Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Ali

I suspect you have two version on your system and different PATH
variables in cron/webmin and your normal shell. One way to find out
is to run "cryptsetup --version" in cron/webmin. To get the right
version to run, remove the old version and check whether you need
to adjust the search path for cron/webmin.

Arno

--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@xxxxxxxxxxx GnuPG: ID: 1E25338F FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C 0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F
----