Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 01:31:16 +0100
From: Arno Wagner<arno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dm-crypt@xxxxxxxx
Cc: christophe@xxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re2:  reading archives

Ok, I looked a bit closer. It seems this is compressed
on-the-fly and corrupted on server side. Strangely
the corruption seems to be a windows thing or at least
browser dependent. I got suspicuous after I got two
different sized files with Opera and Firefox. On
Linux I downloaded with wget for yet another size.

After a bit of messing around, I have it now:
Under Windows the files get compressed with gzip
twice! Possibly some terminally stupid, over-helpful
automatisation that decided to make sure it is a
gzip'ed file.

Temporary workaround for Windows:

Decompress, rename to name.gz and decompress again.
You may also have to click through a folder hierachy
(that I had no idea gzip could support).

Admin of the archive cc'ed, just in case.

Arno

Ok, doing gzip twice was the trick, I can now read the archives from Aug 09 to Jan 10. Are you doing the list on a Windows Server? I've zipped files on Linux many times and never ran into this bug of double packing before. I did wonder about the fact that the 1st unpacking produced the same size file that the size didn't change until the 2nd go around.