Re: Any practical AES-NI benchmarks around?

Those Sandra results sure look promising, I wonder why no "real world" benchmark mirrors the extreme performance gain of the raw encryption power - one would expect gains that reflect the order of magnitude higher bandwidth.
For me, the killer is still cost. In the enterprise the new 1156 Xeon's will probably make great sense, but putting down 200 euro/dollar for a dual core doesn't seem viable at the moment. Maybe my server upgrade, will have to wait for sandy bridge after all. (Also, there are no H5x based mainboards with sufficient SATA ports for my needs, which also is hindering my acceptance of the platform)