Re: 1.1.0rc2: device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: Device or resource busy

Peter Rajnoha schrieb:
If I got him right, I think he meant direct listeners of the "KERNEL" udev
events like udevd does. Yes, we can't do much here - if anybody listens to
the events this way, he is on his own (if we listen to UDEV udev events,
then these ones will have those env vars set, so one can check them).

Okay - which program would do that?

Yes, ignore_device is another way how to suppress the events somehow. But
this one will ignore all the rules irrespective of the sequence when it's called.
When I tried this one first, I had a rule that sets the nodes and symlinks
in /dev/mapper and just after that I called ignore_device, but it ignored
everything. So this one can't be used either.

Does it matter? If I remember correctly, libdevmapper creates the /dev/mapper/* nodes itself even if udev isn't there. So cryptsetup would create the temporary-cryptsetup-* node, access it and destroy it and udev would ignore everything else - sounds like a good solution to me.

I will deploy the rule mentioned in earlier posts as a workaroud for now and then see what is happening upstream - once the upstream rules are in a good state, I am more than willing to use those rather than distro-specific ones.