1.1.0rc2: device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: Device or resource busy

Okay, this report has a long story. I had reports of cryptsetup 1.0.7
failing to work after updates (I later found out that the cause was
installing devicekit). I advised the affected people to try the 1.1.0
release candidate to get better debug output - but the bug was gone with
1.1.0. But something else happened with 1.1.0: On every opened LUKS
volume, the message

device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: Device or resource busy

would appear (see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16735#comment51508).

Then I suggested adding the following udev rule (which I will probably
make the default):

ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="dm-[0-9]*",
PROGRAM="/sbin/dmsetup info -c --noopencount --noheadings -o name -j %M
-m %m", RESULT=="temporary-cryptsetup-*", OPTIONS="last_rule"

(btw, is there a better way than calling dmsetup to get the name here?).
Now, this fixes the problem with 1.0.7, as it prevents devicekit from
blocking access to the device, but the above error message isn't gone in
1.1.0: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16735#comment51536

What is this remove error caused by, if not by some application being
called from udev blocking access? Note that there are no
temporary-cryptsetup-* volumes left after luksOpen.

Ideas welcome :)