Re: Shared library for cryptsetup

Jürgen Pabel wrote:
> I would like to see the shared library included in the next release (ie:
> establishing a somewhat stable API+ABI). I know this has been focused on
> in the past and some work has already been done - but: I would really
> like to see this to be an official part of a release in the near future.

yes, it will be released soon in version 1.1. I also changed soname and start
to version symbols to not repeat the broken API/ABI problems.
(Old functions are still exported, so only rebuild is needed here for old applications.)

See the cryptsetup devel source code (new API functions are documented
directly in libcryptsetup.h), there will be probably some new functions before
release added (header backup related), but current calls should be stable.
(But if you find some mistake in design, please let me know.)

Milan