cryptsetup, LUKS, plausible deniability

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start a discussion about plausible deniability for LUKS (see
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/issues/detail?id=7).

As has already been said in a comment on the issue above, even having
an option to hide/encrypt LUKS header would be helpful. One approach is to
just encrypt the normal LUKS header with a header key, which is not very
user-friendly as one would now have to remember/store both the passphrase and
the header key (one might as well use plain dmcrypt with a single key).

I guess the goal here would be to have LUKS features (multiple passphrases,
ease of use, key splitting...) implemented in such a way that nobody can prove
that you're using encryption. Thoughts?

--
Ivan Stankovic, pokemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm";