Re: Help: after crypttab modify > begin: waiting for root file system

Jonas Meurer wrote:
> hey

Thank you for your reply :) I already managed to rescue my system and
undo my changes using the initrd.imgXXX.bak as you said (phew! :) ),
however I still have a couple of problems, one of which is really WEIRD...

The first problem is that I still can't manage how to use the cleartext
key_temp on /boot to automatically start the system without requesting a
passphrase. However thank you for pointing me at the passdev script, I
didn't know that, suppose it's intended also for this, I'll give a look
at that as soon as possible.

The second, weird problem is the following. Being unable to use the
keyfile for the automount, I temporarily added a second passphrase slot
to the above device. So now, when at boot a passphrase is requested, you
can insert either passphrase1 (the old one) or passphrase2 (the new one,
which is known also by other trusted people who should so be able to
reboot the system in my absence).
The WEIRD problem now is: if I insert passphrase1 the system starts
normally and all is good. If I insert passphrase2... the passphrase is
accepted, the disk is unlocked, the system starts... and all works
EXCEPT for the network card o.O It hangs up on DHCPREQUEST and after a
minute or so it says:

eth1: device is not ready

I'm really unable to understand why the two issues (the different
passphrase and the eth1 not ready) should be related... but I succeeded
in reproducing this behaviour many times and I'm pretty sure it depends
on the passphrase...