Re: volume unrecognized

Yes using dd and cryptsetup. The wiki has an explanation of why you
might not want to do that, in addition to outlining the steps. But if
you want to here are the steps.

cryptsetup luksDump $DEVICE

Find the payload number

dd if=$DEVICE of=luks_header_bakup count=$PAYLOAD

To restore them just reverse if and of in dd

dd if=$luks_header_backup of=$DEVICE count=$PAYLOAD

-MJ