volume unrecognized

Hi everyone,

I have a single encrypted partition which contains my data, /home. I just
installed a new system (ubuntu karmic/alternate cd) over my other clear
system partitions, and I tried to use the setup program to point my /home
directory to my existing and crypted /home partition. Though, it
eventually wanted to format it and I canceled the whole operation.

Now I can map the device with luksOpen, but the volume itself is
unrecognized.

I certainly can open the device with luksOpen because I choosed the same
password in the installation process, but my guess is that the ubuntu
installer erased and replaced the luks headers of my partition by new
ones, what do you think? Or maybe is just erased the table partition
headers and it can't recognized the filesystem?

I don't really know what to do now, I fear to make things worse.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for your help,

J.O.