Re: Broken header of a luks-partition - more than once

spamzad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Something must have overwritten the header (posted it at the bottom) -
> and I have no clue what.
> That's exactly my question now: might it be a bug in cryptsetup or can
> i rule that out?

Cryptsetup never write empty first sectors except explicit LUKS format.
(Of course this can very rarely happen if hw/driver problem appears...)

But see crypttab here - you have tmp device created as regular encrypted device
with random key - are you sure that kernel _cannot_ swap sda & sdb and
your system just formats temp device here?

> home            /dev/sdb2               none            luks
> ctmp            /dev/sda2               /dev/urandom
> tmp,cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
> cswap           /dev/sda5               /dev/urandom
> swap,cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256

Milan
--
mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx