Cipher mode:    cbc-essiv:sha256
Hash spec:      sha1
Payload offset: 1032
MK bits:        128

Best regards
Rainer

Sam schrieb:
That is unfortunate.
Well, give us a bit more information. Try doing the following:

cryptsetup luksDump /dev/sda2

(this will just output some info on what encryption algorithm your partition uses)

Then paste what it says into an email. Just the first 6 lines would be enough for me (upto and including "Hash spec:").

Ie:

LUKS header information for /dev/sda7

Version:        1
Cipher name:    aes
Cipher mode:    xts-plain
Hash spec:      sha1

Regards,
Sam

I tried:

modprobe dm_mod
ioctl: 4.11.0-ioctl (2006-10-12) initialized: dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
modprobe crypto_blkcipher
FATAL: Module crypto_blkcipher not found
modprobe cbc
modprobe dm_crypt
modprobe aes_generic
FATAL: Module aes_generic not found
modprobe aes_i586
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda2 tresor
Command failed: No setup backend available

Best regards
Rainer

-------- Original-Nachricht --------