Re: LUKS/dm-crypt vulnerable?

On 08.08.2009, Michael Gebetsroither wrote:

> No one can force you to use this software on _your_ hardware.

That's right, no one can force me to run TXT/LaGrande on my hardware.
But it can be misused in the future to enforce all kind of restrictions on me.
Sure, I don't have to activate TXT, but then I'm maybe no longer able to
get access to my online bank account if I'm not running special software
from the bank inside the TXT enabled environment. And not to forget DRM,
TXT will be the perfect solution to enforce it on you.

To get TXT working it is both hard- and software which have to play
together. Boykotting the hardware is one possible action against it.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/15/170