Re: Find out which key slot was used to decrypt mounted partition

On 3/19/09, Marc Wäckerlin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> How can I find out which key slot was used to decrypt
> mounted partition?

Capture the output of cryptsetup luksOpen ....

$> cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sys/test test
Enter LUKS passphrase:
key slot 0 unlocked.
$>

But, given your use case outlined below, you'll have to modify your
distro's decrypt script(s) in initramfs, and then somehow retain the
information for your DE startup routine.

If there is another way to find the open LUKS slot, I'd like to hear it also.