Dealing with cold boot attacks.

Hey all,

This particular attack seems to me to be the most likely way to defeat
any reasonably well setup dm-crypt scheme.

So, I have the following [likely non-original] idea, which is only
applicable in specific situations.

That is to have a daemon, that upon some event, automatically erases
all the memory on the machine.

The event could be a SMS, an email, some case alarm, but most likely
some physical trigger feed into the daemon via a microcontroller
plugged into USB/serial.
(The trigger could be a reed switch on a door, a motion sensor,
pressure gauge, an accelerometer etc..)

Naturally you would need the computer in question to one a UPS.

Also there would have to be either some kernel patch to add a
"wipe_all_system_mem()" functionality, or maybe one could leverage
kexec in some manner.

What do you guys think, does this sound reasonable?

-- Roscoe