Re: encrypted home start-up problem with keyfile

At Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:05:27 +0100,
Bernd Speiser wrote:

> Activating device mapper ...
> Waiting for /dev/mapper/home . no more events
> Checking file systems...
> fsck 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
> error on stat() /dev/mapper/home: No such file or directory
> error on stat() /dev/mapper/home: No such file or directory
> fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/mapper/home
> /dev/mapper/home:
> The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
> filesystem.

I did report this months ago to the opensuse people, without success. It's a problem in
the opensuse boot process. In /etc/init.d/boot.d, the localfs is activated before the
crypto filesystems. The lines above are related to a bug in .depend.boot. Please send me
your .depend.boot via email. The problem is that in this file, boot.crypto waits for localfs
to complete, where boot.localfs should have to wait for the crypto devices.